- 14 Април 2017Как се меси козунак в пералнята?
- 14 Април 2017От старите майстори: 5 рецепти с агнешко за Великден
- 14 Април 2017Как се приготвя великденски хляб?
- 14 Април 2017Тайната за неповторима трапеза за Великден
- 06 Юни 2016Обичате ли цаца?! Тогава задължително трябва да прочетете тази статия
- 10 Май 20165 неща, които задължително трябва да имате в кухнята си (1 част)
- 09 Май 2016Как да си приготвим домашна извара?
- 09 Май 2016Коя е най-вкусната питка в България?
Малиново изкушение/Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle
I knew this dessert could go one of two ways. The idea of eggnog and gingerbread together to me sounded amazing but often things that sound good in my head don’t always taste as good in reality. It could either be a waste of ingredients or a brillant recipe. It was the latter. Gingerbread cake …
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix (my grocery store was out so I used the gingerbread base of these bars which is a little firmer than cake but worked)
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (or any red fruit)
- gingersnap cookie crumbs (optional)
- 1. Prepare gingerbread cake mix and bake according to package directions (any size pan). Cool completely.
- 2. Place the pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in the eggnog and whisk for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate pudding until the gingerbread cake is cool and you are ready to assemble the trifle.
- 3. In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- 4. Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl. Spread 1/2 of the eggnog pudding over the gingerbread, then spread 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- 5. Sprinkle the top with the raspberries and cookie crumbs before serving. Makes around 10 cups of dessert so make sure your trifle bowl can hold that much.