- 14 Април 2017Как се меси козунак в пералнята?
- 14 Април 2017От старите майстори: 5 рецепти с агнешко за Великден
- 14 Април 2017Как се приготвя великденски хляб?
- 14 Април 2017Тайната за неповторима трапеза за Великден
- 06 Юни 2016Обичате ли цаца?! Тогава задължително трябва да прочетете тази статия
- 10 Май 20165 неща, които задължително трябва да имате в кухнята си (1 част)
- 09 Май 2016Как да си приготвим домашна извара?
- 09 Май 2016Коя е най-вкусната питка в България?
Blackberry-Swirled Cheesecake Ice Cream
A luscious cheesecake ice cream loaded with crunchy bits of graham cracker crumble and swirled with homemade blackberry sauce.
Порции:approx. 1 quart
- 8 1/2 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
- 8 1/4 ounces (1 cup) heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 ounces (2/3 cup, packed) brown sugar
- 4 1/4 ounces (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 10 ounces (2 cups) blackberries*
- 1 3/4 ounces (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon creme de cassis
- 3 ounces (1 cup) coarsely crushed graham crackers**
- 2 1/8 ounces (1/2 cup, spoon and level) whole wheat pastry flour***
- 1 7/8 ounces (1/4 cup, packed) brown sugar
- heavy pinch of salt
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and chill in refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight.
- 2. Just before churning, whisk mixture to smooth out again. Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions, slowly adding in graham cracker crumbles once thickened, about 3-5 minutes before churning is finished. Use a spoon if needed to help mix crumbles in completely.
- 3. Layer ice cream with blackberry sauce in a freezer-safe container and swirl briefly with a knife or offset spatula. Cover container with a lid, or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe, zip-top bag. Freeze for at least a few hours before serving.
- 4. Toss blackberries and sugar together in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, crushing blackberries into smaller bits as they soften.
- 5. Meanwhile, whisk together water, lemon juice, and corn starch to form a slurry.
- 6. Remove berries from heat and, while stirring, slowly add slurry. Return to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 1 minute.
- 7. Remove from heat and stir in creme de cassis. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight. Stir to loosen and smooth out before adding to ice cream.
- 8. In a bowl, whisk together the crushed graham cracker, pastry flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and mix in until the mixture is crumbly and all of the dry ingredients are coated in butter.
- 9. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer crumble mixture to skillet in a flat layer and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until golden-brown, watching closely and stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and transfer to a tray or sheet of parchment to cool completely before adding to ice cream. (Note that crumble with get crunchy as it cools.)